- From Sibelius to Improvised and Experimental Music: Viewpoints on the Helsinki Music Scene of Today. ARTICLE (Synkoopi, Finland, 2015) https://issuu.com/synkooppi/docs/issuuop121
- Understanding Performance with Electronics and Beyond: Historical Overview, Significant Pieces and the Influence of Visual and Performing Arts in the Repertoire for Cello with Electronics and Mixed Media. ARTICLE (Sonic Ideas, Mexico, 2016) http://www.sonicideas.org/mag.php?vol=9&num=17&secc=articles
- New Timbral Directions in the Contemporary Cello Repertoire: Analysis of Works by Colombian Composers from 2000 to 2015. DOCTORAL THESIS (Unigrafia, University of Helsinki, 2019) https://helda.helsinki.fi/handle/10138/299824?locale-attribute=en
- Del Puntal al Caracol: Nuevas Perspectivas en el Timbre y la Técnica del Violonchelo. ARTICLE (RICERCARE. Medellín, Colombia 2020) http://publicaciones.eafit.edu.co/index.php/ricercare/article/view/6215
- “On The Edge of The Contour: A series of Experimental-Multi-Sonic performances and analysis-based texts created by means of Comprovisation” ARTISTIC RESEARCH PROJECT (FUNDED BY KONE FOUNDATION. Helsinki, Finland 2021-2022).
On the Edge of the contour is a two-year art project that integrates research. The main convergent point between the artistic part (4 experimental-multi-sonic performances) and research (4 analytical texts based on the art works) is comprovisation. According to composer S. Bhagwati, comprovisation appears as a practice that allows score-base notated pieces the inclusion of improvisational elements, generating the coexistence between a contingent moment of performance, and a context-independent system of rules. Here I propose to use comprovisation as: 1) An experimental creative process, 2) A tool for using non-traditional notation or scoring, and 3) An analysis method for experimental-multi-sonic pieces. Namely, the core of its compositional-performative aim is expanded into a multifunctional tool that can be applied to different creative and analytical processes. Due to my role as a multidisciplinary sonic-based-artist/researcher and my transcultural identity, within this project I plan to develop ideas of experimental cross-genre creativity, multi-sonic performance, and instrumental deconstruction. Reassess soundscape composition, and the use of electronic devices and noise. Delve into physical approaches to sound performance, as well as gestuality in sound and music theater, using as study material Charlotte Moorman’s, Nam June Paik’s, Mauricio Cagel’s, and some of my own works. Finally, I propose to integrate the concepts of displacement and geocultural identity by philosophers J. Rancière and R. Kusch respectively. The works are all created and performed by myself and registered live in different scopes in Helsinki, in order to avoid traveling. Also to foster a more ecological awareness in art making, I plan to only use equipment found at hand, aiming to accomplish a sort of domestic and self-sustainable set up for each piece. On the other hand, all the registrations and texts will be published in online art platforms that promote mainly experimentalism.
YEAR 1 (2021)
“On the Edge of Experimental and Traditional”
– The Guts of The Atlas for traditional and modified cello and electronics.
RECORD (Arts First Records. Helsinki, Finland 2021)
Imperial Histories-decolonized exchanges: researching with and through music/ Siirtomaavalta-Ajan Historiat – Dekolonisoudut Vuoropuhelut: Tutkimusta Musiikin Avulla ja Sen Kautta (In Finnish) ARTICLE (Musiikinsuunta. Helsinki, Finland 2022) http://musiikinsuunta.fi/2022/02/28/siirtomaavalta-ajan-historiat-dekolonisoidut-vuoropuhelut-tutkimusta-musiikin-avulla-ja-sen-kautta/
– Global Soundscapes for solo modified-amplified cello and voice.
RECORD (Eclipse Music. Helsinki, Finland 2021)
Global Soundscapes, A Comprovised-Sonic piece for solo modified amplified cello: A Displacement, Imagery and Unlearning Paradigm. (Apparatus journal. Belgrade, Serbia 2021) http://apparatus.space/samizdat/#dearflip-df_1894/1
YEAR 2 (2022)
“The Contour of Music and Sound Art”
– Killing The Beat II A sonic performance/Installation for two amplified cellos, tuner table and soundscapes.
VIDEO TEASER (Produced by Interkult RY)